Tour of the Cat, ridden by Abad Cabassa Jr., led from start to finish and took the $100,000 Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) by a length over two-time Spend A Buck victor Best of the Rest on Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Double G Stable's Tour of the Cat took the early lead and never looked back, winning the $150,000 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap at Calder Race Course by 2 1/2 lengths. Last Stand finished second in the one-mile race originally carded for grass but run over a main track rated good.
Double G Stable's Tour of the Cat, winner of the Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) last month, is the high weight with 118 pounds in Saturday's $100,000 Artax Handicap at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Eibar Coa gunned Built Up to the lead in the 7-furlong $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap, part of Calder's Grand Slam I program, and never looked back, defeating even-money favorite Tour of the Cat by one length.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- The Devil You Say
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired