Tour of the Cat, ridden by Abad Cabassa Jr., led from start to finish and took the $100,000 Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) by a length over two-time Spend A Buck victor Best of the Rest on Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Double G Stable's Tour of the Cat took the early lead and never looked back, winning the $150,000 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap at Calder Race Course by 2 1/2 lengths. Last Stand finished second in the one-mile race originally carded for grass but run over a main track rated good.
Double G Stable's Tour of the Cat, winner of the Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) last month, is the high weight with 118 pounds in Saturday's $100,000 Artax Handicap at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Eibar Coa gunned Built Up to the lead in the 7-furlong $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap, part of Calder's Grand Slam I program, and never looked back, defeating even-money favorite Tour of the Cat by one length.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Average of 16 Million Viewed KY Derby on NBC
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special
- Solid Gains in Economic Indicators for April
- Former NBA Chief to Speak at Conference
- Kentucky Derby Horse-By-Horse Recap
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17