The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium left the gate in a hurry May 19, with three juveniles each fetching $400,000 early in the sale's first session.
A Harlan's Holiday colt out of the Dixieland Band mare Shiny Band was purchased by Patrice Miller of EQB for $225,000 during the July 12 Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale in Lexington.
Icabad Crane's connections had faith in him at least hitting the board in the May 17 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico, and their intuitions were proved right when the son of Jump Start finished a game 5 3/4 lengths in third behind Big Brown.
Icabad Crane proved he stands a chance in the second jewel of the Triple Crown with his impressive performance in the April 19 Frederico Tesio Stakes at Pimlico.
Icabad Crane, who most recently won the April 19 Frederico Tesio Stakes at Pimlico, will be entered in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), according to the racing manager for owner Earle I. Mack.
Earle I. Mack has purchased recent Argentina group-I winner Star Plus, and has announced plans to race the 4-year-old colt in the United States under the direction of trainer Kenny McPeek.
- By Esther Marr
Globetrotter will attempt a huge feat in his third start: capturing his turf debut in the Oct. 26 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes