Most equine births are uneventful, but there are some steps you can take to make sure your mare's labor and delivery are safe and successful.
Dr. Rene van Weeren of Utrecht University discussed the alliance's first major project, which involves two groups of Thoroughbred foals in New Zealand.
The results of a landmark, three-year study on radiographic changes in Thoroughbred yearlings will be presented during the American Association of Equine Practitioners annual convention.
A call for uniform medication guidelines and restrictions on therapeutic medications on race day has won praise and concern.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners has adopted a new policy regarding therapeutic medication in racehorses that, among other things, calls for a ban on all race day medications other than the diuretic furosemide used to treat internal bleeding.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes