Explosively Fast, a son of Ghostly Moves, brought the top price for a Thoroughbred of $59,500 during the New Mexico-bred Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred yearling sale Aug. 18 at Ruidoso Downs.
Southwestern Heat, a 6-year-old son of Gone West produced from the champion mare Xtra Heat, will enter stud in 2011 at A&A Ranch in Anthony, New Mexico.
Son of Seattle Slew was the sire of 20 stakes winners including last year's Breeders' Cup Turf Sprinnt winner California Flag
Wild Deputy, a successful sire in New Mexico, has been relocated to Fred and Linda Alexander's A&A Ranch near Anthony, N.M.
Millionaire Lazy Lode has arrived for stallion duty at Fred Alexander's A&A Ranch near Anthony, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta