Precious Kitten rallied from just off the pace to win the grade III Gallorette Handicap on the turf at Pimlico Race Course Saturday.
Precious Kitten, coming off a second-place finish in the April 14 Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IIT) at Keeneland, will face down A True Pussycat when a field of 11 fillies and mares goes postward for Saturday's 1/16-mile Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Pimlico on the Preakness undercard.
Melnyk Racing Stable's Indian Vale, who endured several false starts to begin her 5-year-old year, finally got back to the races Saturday afternoon and delivered a 5 1/2-length victory in the $104,800 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at nine furlongs on the Aqueduct inner track.
Foiled twice before, Melnyk Racing Stables' Indian Vale looks like she will finally make her comeback in Saturday's $100,000 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles at Aqueduct.
Completing a sweep of the weekend stakes for three-time Eclipse Award trainer Todd Pletcher, India won the Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) by a diminishing head over Kettleoneup before a crowd of 20,533 on Saturday afternoon at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny