Grade II winner A. P. Arrow has been purchased for stallion duty by Summerhill Stud, Drakenstein Stud, and a European investor.
In his final timed tune-up for the March 29 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), Horse of the Year Curlin dazzled onlookers at Nad Al Sheba with a show of contained power March 24.
Lava Man, attempting to match legendary Native Diver with his third consecutive victory in Saturday's $750,000 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), will face eight rivals in the 1 1/4-mile classic at Hollywood Park.
Eclipse Award-winning trainer Todd Pletcher, the national earnings leader with more than $12 million in purses, seeks to pad those figures with an invasion of Hollywood Park for the three richest races of the meet the next two weekends.
Although Corinthian will be making just his second career added-money start in the Saturday's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), the 4-year-old son of Pulpit was made the 7-5 morning line favorite for the 1 3/16-mile event.
The fields for Saturday's Gold Cup Day program at Hawthorne are taking shape. The trio of stakes will be packaged in a $50,000 guaranteed "Golden Pick Three" wager. Saturday's entries will be drawn on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens