Trainer Carla Gaines is to begin a 30-day suspension Aug. 1 in connection with two testosterone positives after an attempt to get a court injunction stopping the penalty was denied by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge.
Trainer Carla Gaines has until Aug. 1 to appeal a 30-day suspension and $2,500 fine adopted by the California Horse Racing Board as a result of two of her 2012 starters testing in excess of accepted levels of testosterone.
Trainer Carla Gaines is the subject of two complaints from the California Horse Racing Board alleging that two fillies in her care both tested positive for levels of testosterone in excess of the authorized amount.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm