Trainer Carla Gaines is to begin a 30-day suspension Aug. 1 in connection with two testosterone positives after an attempt to get a court injunction stopping the penalty was denied by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge.
Trainer Carla Gaines has until Aug. 1 to appeal a 30-day suspension and $2,500 fine adopted by the California Horse Racing Board as a result of two of her 2012 starters testing in excess of accepted levels of testosterone.
Trainer Carla Gaines is the subject of two complaints from the California Horse Racing Board alleging that two fillies in her care both tested positive for levels of testosterone in excess of the authorized amount.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North