Trainer Carla Gaines is to begin a 30-day suspension Aug. 1 in connection with two testosterone positives after an attempt to get a court injunction stopping the penalty was denied by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge.
Trainer Carla Gaines has until Aug. 1 to appeal a 30-day suspension and $2,500 fine adopted by the California Horse Racing Board as a result of two of her 2012 starters testing in excess of accepted levels of testosterone.
Trainer Carla Gaines is the subject of two complaints from the California Horse Racing Board alleging that two fillies in her care both tested positive for levels of testosterone in excess of the authorized amount.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood