Trainer Carla Gaines is to begin a 30-day suspension Aug. 1 in connection with two testosterone positives after an attempt to get a court injunction stopping the penalty was denied by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge.
Trainer Carla Gaines has until Aug. 1 to appeal a 30-day suspension and $2,500 fine adopted by the California Horse Racing Board as a result of two of her 2012 starters testing in excess of accepted levels of testosterone.
Trainer Carla Gaines is the subject of two complaints from the California Horse Racing Board alleging that two fillies in her care both tested positive for levels of testosterone in excess of the authorized amount.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Preakness TV Rating Grows 6%