Trainer Carla Gaines is to begin a 30-day suspension Aug. 1 in connection with two testosterone positives after an attempt to get a court injunction stopping the penalty was denied by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge.
Trainer Carla Gaines has until Aug. 1 to appeal a 30-day suspension and $2,500 fine adopted by the California Horse Racing Board as a result of two of her 2012 starters testing in excess of accepted levels of testosterone.
Trainer Carla Gaines is the subject of two complaints from the California Horse Racing Board alleging that two fillies in her care both tested positive for levels of testosterone in excess of the authorized amount.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations