Intangaroo was a little known 3-year-old filly with one lifetime win when she competed at Hollywood Park last winter. She returns to the Inglewood track for the A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) June 28 with two surprising grade I wins to her credit and trainer Gary Sherlock thinking about the Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita in October.
With expected favorite Wait a While out of Friday night's $1 million CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIT) due to a slight fever, a field of nine fillies and mares is left, including grade I winners Dancing Edie and Price Tag.
Somethinaboutlaura earned her first graded stakes win by a whisker following a terrific battle with the favored Maryfield in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
James Weigel's 9-1 outsider Dream of Summer made her initial foray into graded stakes company look as simple as can be, recording a gate-to-wire victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Coconut Girl, who ended Ema Bovary's nine-race winning streak to capture the Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on June 5, hopes to complete a rare sweep when she faces eight foes in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Saturday.
On farewell day to Laffit Pincay Jr., a competitive Gold Cup (gr. I), worth $750,000, tops a three-stakes card at Hollywood Park Sunday that includes the $400,000 Swaps (gr. II) and the $250,000 A Gleam Invitational (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start