Intangaroo was a little known 3-year-old filly with one lifetime win when she competed at Hollywood Park last winter. She returns to the Inglewood track for the A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) June 28 with two surprising grade I wins to her credit and trainer Gary Sherlock thinking about the Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita in October.
With expected favorite Wait a While out of Friday night's $1 million CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIT) due to a slight fever, a field of nine fillies and mares is left, including grade I winners Dancing Edie and Price Tag.
Somethinaboutlaura earned her first graded stakes win by a whisker following a terrific battle with the favored Maryfield in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
James Weigel's 9-1 outsider Dream of Summer made her initial foray into graded stakes company look as simple as can be, recording a gate-to-wire victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Coconut Girl, who ended Ema Bovary's nine-race winning streak to capture the Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on June 5, hopes to complete a rare sweep when she faces eight foes in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Saturday.
On farewell day to Laffit Pincay Jr., a competitive Gold Cup (gr. I), worth $750,000, tops a three-stakes card at Hollywood Park Sunday that includes the $400,000 Swaps (gr. II) and the $250,000 A Gleam Invitational (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby