Intangaroo was a little known 3-year-old filly with one lifetime win when she competed at Hollywood Park last winter. She returns to the Inglewood track for the A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) June 28 with two surprising grade I wins to her credit and trainer Gary Sherlock thinking about the Breeders' Cup Fillies & Mares Sprint (gr. I) at Santa Anita in October.
With expected favorite Wait a While out of Friday night's $1 million CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIT) due to a slight fever, a field of nine fillies and mares is left, including grade I winners Dancing Edie and Price Tag.
Somethinaboutlaura earned her first graded stakes win by a whisker following a terrific battle with the favored Maryfield in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
James Weigel's 9-1 outsider Dream of Summer made her initial foray into graded stakes company look as simple as can be, recording a gate-to-wire victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Coconut Girl, who ended Ema Bovary's nine-race winning streak to capture the Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on June 5, hopes to complete a rare sweep when she faces eight foes in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Saturday.
On farewell day to Laffit Pincay Jr., a competitive Gold Cup (gr. I), worth $750,000, tops a three-stakes card at Hollywood Park Sunday that includes the $400,000 Swaps (gr. II) and the $250,000 A Gleam Invitational (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar