The 2004 Keeneland November mixed sale came to a close Friday with a mare in foal to A Fleets Dancer bringing a session-high price of $41,000. Mist On the Hill was purchased by Classic Bloodstock from the consignment of Windfields Farm, agent.
Audre Cappuccitti's Dream Launcher defeated seven rivals in Saturday's $164,850 Durham Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Woodbine.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
Morton Fink's Guided Tour earned his third straight grade II win by outlasting Balto Star in a stretch duel to win the $400,000 Kentucky Cup Classic by a neck Saturday at Turfway Park as a pair of geldings filled the top two finishing positions.
Aptitude overwhelmed his rivals in the Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on Sunday, giving trainer Bobby Frankel a winner of a big race on each coast.
Morton Fink's Guided Tour tracked Duckhorn through the early going before reeling in the leader with just over a quarter-mile to run en route to winning Saturday's $400,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) at Arlington Park.
The parade of longshot winners on Saturday's Grand Slam II program at Calder Race Course continued in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap(gr. III), in which 76-1 American Halo held off General Grant and Sir Bear to win by a half-length. Under Charlene Hunt, American Halo completed the 1 1/8-mile race in 1:51.68 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Haskin: Time to Give Blame His Due
- Grade I Winner Alterite to Arqana Sale
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict