The Great War, a blowout winner of the 96ROCK Stakes in his 2015 debut, will take the next step at Turfway Park when he faces 10 other 3-year-olds in the $125,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Prohibitive favorite The Great War appears to have bigger battles ahead after winning for fun in his 3-year-old debut Jan. 31 in the $75,000 96ROCK Stakes under the lights at Turfway Park.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Run in Haskell
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Highlander Features Battle of the Sexes
- THS: Belmont Derby Invitational