The Great War, a blowout winner of the 96ROCK Stakes in his 2015 debut, will take the next step at Turfway Park when he faces 10 other 3-year-olds in the $125,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Prohibitive favorite The Great War appears to have bigger battles ahead after winning for fun in his 3-year-old debut Jan. 31 in the $75,000 96ROCK Stakes under the lights at Turfway Park.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains