The Great War, a blowout winner of the 96ROCK Stakes in his 2015 debut, will take the next step at Turfway Park when he faces 10 other 3-year-olds in the $125,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Prohibitive favorite The Great War appears to have bigger battles ahead after winning for fun in his 3-year-old debut Jan. 31 in the $75,000 96ROCK Stakes under the lights at Turfway Park.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine