The Great War, a blowout winner of the 96ROCK Stakes in his 2015 debut, will take the next step at Turfway Park when he faces 10 other 3-year-olds in the $125,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Prohibitive favorite The Great War appears to have bigger battles ahead after winning for fun in his 3-year-old debut Jan. 31 in the $75,000 96ROCK Stakes under the lights at Turfway Park.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes