The Great War, a blowout winner of the 96ROCK Stakes in his 2015 debut, will take the next step at Turfway Park when he faces 10 other 3-year-olds in the $125,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Prohibitive favorite The Great War appears to have bigger battles ahead after winning for fun in his 3-year-old debut Jan. 31 in the $75,000 96ROCK Stakes under the lights at Turfway Park.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap