The Great War, a blowout winner of the 96ROCK Stakes in his 2015 debut, will take the next step at Turfway Park when he faces 10 other 3-year-olds in the $125,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Prohibitive favorite The Great War appears to have bigger battles ahead after winning for fun in his 3-year-old debut Jan. 31 in the $75,000 96ROCK Stakes under the lights at Turfway Park.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa