There is no harsher critic of racing films than yours truly, and I sadly have had to carve apart recent flicks with the dexterity of a surgeon with a scalpel. read blog
Like Mine That Bird's struggles in the winter and spring before his upset victory in the 2009 Kentucky Derby, the movie that tells his story also plods along early, seemingly unsure about what story it wants to tell. read blog
Oscar winner Jim Wilson's latest film, "50 to 1," the story of Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird and his New Mexico cowboy trainer and owners, is opening in dozens of new states.
Mine That Bird, winner of the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will return to greet fans at the Kentucky Derby Museum this spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza