There is no harsher critic of racing films than yours truly, and I sadly have had to carve apart recent flicks with the dexterity of a surgeon with a scalpel. read blog
Like Mine That Bird's struggles in the winter and spring before his upset victory in the 2009 Kentucky Derby, the movie that tells his story also plods along early, seemingly unsure about what story it wants to tell. read blog
Oscar winner Jim Wilson's latest film, "50 to 1," the story of Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird and his New Mexico cowboy trainer and owners, is opening in dozens of new states.
Mine That Bird, winner of the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will return to greet fans at the Kentucky Derby Museum this spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf