There is no harsher critic of racing films than yours truly, and I sadly have had to carve apart recent flicks with the dexterity of a surgeon with a scalpel. read blog
Like Mine That Bird's struggles in the winter and spring before his upset victory in the 2009 Kentucky Derby, the movie that tells his story also plods along early, seemingly unsure about what story it wants to tell. read blog
Oscar winner Jim Wilson's latest film, "50 to 1," the story of Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird and his New Mexico cowboy trainer and owners, is opening in dozens of new states.
Mine That Bird, winner of the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will return to greet fans at the Kentucky Derby Museum this spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course