There is no harsher critic of racing films than yours truly, and I sadly have had to carve apart recent flicks with the dexterity of a surgeon with a scalpel. read blog
Like Mine That Bird's struggles in the winter and spring before his upset victory in the 2009 Kentucky Derby, the movie that tells his story also plods along early, seemingly unsure about what story it wants to tell. read blog
Oscar winner Jim Wilson's latest film, "50 to 1," the story of Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird and his New Mexico cowboy trainer and owners, is opening in dozens of new states.
Mine That Bird, winner of the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will return to greet fans at the Kentucky Derby Museum this spring.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Highland Reel Refuses to Yield at Royal Ascot