His milestone was prematurely celebrated Dec. 14 at Zia Park, which had included an Arabian win in his totals.
Jockey Luis Antonio Gonzalez secured his 3,000th career victory Saturday, July 4 when he guided Tough as Steel to victory in the second race at Thistledown Racino.
Trainer Tom Amoss joined an exclusive club of trainers July 30 when he registered the 3,000th victory of his career. Notching the milestone win for Amoss was Infinity of Humor July 30 at Indiana Grand Race Course.
Veteran jockey Jorge Vargas recorded his 3,000th career victory Aug. 8 at Suffolk Downs when his mount Want Ad was elevated via disqualification to win the fourth race of the afternoon.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez scored the 3,000th victory of his relatively young career when he rode Astor Park to win the fifth race at Delaware Park on May 9.
Chuck Lopez, affectionately known in the jocks room as "C.C.," rode the 3,000th winner of his career Jan. 22. Lopez guided Sunnyridge Sam up the inside to easily capture the seventh race at Aqueduct in New York.
Jockey Carlos Silva became the 101st rider to win 3,000 races when he guided Buba's Caper to a neck victory in Wednesday's 3rd race at Arlington Park.
Terry Houghton, who regularly tops the standings at Great Lakes Downs, moved into an exclusive club June 3 when he became the 99th North American jockey to win his 3,000th race.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner