Trainer Tom Amoss joined an exclusive club of trainers July 30 when he registered the 3,000th victory of his career. Notching the milestone win for Amoss was Infinity of Humor July 30 at Indiana Grand Race Course.
Veteran jockey Jorge Vargas recorded his 3,000th career victory Aug. 8 at Suffolk Downs when his mount Want Ad was elevated via disqualification to win the fourth race of the afternoon.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez scored the 3,000th victory of his relatively young career when he rode Astor Park to win the fifth race at Delaware Park on May 9.
Chuck Lopez, affectionately known in the jocks room as "C.C.," rode the 3,000th winner of his career Jan. 22. Lopez guided Sunnyridge Sam up the inside to easily capture the seventh race at Aqueduct in New York.
Jockey Carlos Silva became the 101st rider to win 3,000 races when he guided Buba's Caper to a neck victory in Wednesday's 3rd race at Arlington Park.
Terry Houghton, who regularly tops the standings at Great Lakes Downs, moved into an exclusive club June 3 when he became the 99th North American jockey to win his 3,000th race.
Most Popular Stories
- Tom Chuckas to Resign as President of MJC
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card