Spendthrift Farm's freshman sire Liaison, the grade 1-winning son of Indian Charlie, had his first winner June 18, when Vicente's Shadow rallied strongly to win a 4 1/2-furlong maiden special weight by a length at Emerald Downs.
William Peeples' Spirit of Shanghai became the first winner for her sire Shanghai Bobby when she took a maiden claiming race for juvenile fillies at Santa Anita Park June 18 by a length.
Poseidon's Warrior was represented by his first winner June 18, when his son Firenze Fire won a five-furlong maiden special weight at Monmouth Park by 3 1/2 lengths.
Kimberlea K held a 5 1/4-length lead to score decisively on debut at Golden Gate Fields June 17, giving freshmen sire Indian Evening his first winner.
Claiborne Farm's freshmen sire Orb had his first winner June 11 when Earth won in his debut at Gulfstream Park.
Pennsylvania freshman sire El Padrino's first starter became his first winner June 8 at Delaware Park, where longshot Whereshetoldmetogo rallied in the stretch to win by 2 1/2 lengths.
New York-bred What a Catch wins first start by 5 1/2 lengths at Belmont Park.
Louisiana freshman sire Flashpoint's first runner eventually become his first winner when Flashy Coop took a five-furlong maiden claimer May 19 at Hipodromo de las Americas in Mexico City.
Tigerbeach won his third start by 3 3/4 lengths at Indiana Grand.
Freshman sires Espoir City and Lethal Force get their first winners, while second-crop sire Bated Breath gets his first black-type stakes winner.
Jon and Patience Jazdzewski's Therighttobeararms became the first winner for the late stallion Fast Bullet when she took a maiden claiming race for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs May 11 in her second start.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture