I love it when a past Beyond the Blinkers subject takes the time to e-mail and give me an update on his or her off track Thoroughbred! Do you guys remember the story of Windy Jim as told by owner Jackie Cross in March 2011? read blog
Mark Taylor explains what he foresees during the Fasig-Tipton July Sale. Mark also highlights a few stand out horses. watch video
Remembering the people and horses that left us in 2011. View Slideshow
The combination of high stud fees and falling Thoroughbred prices has battered commercial breeders financially in recent years. But this year they finally are getting some relief based on results of two early auctions.
What will happen in the Thoroughbred auction ring in 2011? After some tough years, will things get better? Read what buyers and consignors had to say.
The offices of Blood-Horse Publications will be closed Dec. 24-25. There will be no daily newsletters for Dec. 25 and Dec. 26.
The upcoming Thoroughbred meet will run 84 days, from Nov. 25 through March 8, 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass