Someone asked me today to send them a link to the column I wrote five years ago about Yeats' record-breaking fourth Ascot Gold Cup victory. That got me thinking about this year's Gold Cup, which awakened those same feelings. read blog
The Blood-Horse and Glenye Cain Oakford visit with 2009 Kentucky Oaks winner Rachel Alexandra at Stonestreet Farm, including an update on her offspring.
For the first time, female Thoroughbreds occupy the top two spots on the list of leading North American earners in 2009, according to final statistics released today by Equibase Company.
Three seven-figure horses pumped up the excitement on the second day of the Keeneland September yearling sale, but they didn't provide a big enough boost to end the discouraging slump in the auction's key business figures.
The $750,000 Florida Derby (gr. I) for 3-year-olds on March 28 will be the premier event of Gulfstream Park's 66th meeting, which begins Jan. 3 and concludes April 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training