If you're playing the Stars of Tomorrow cards on Sunday at either Belmont Park or Churchill Downs then Brisnet.com is required. read blog
Two-year-old racing, always eagerly awaited at Monmouth Park, makes its return with a pair of first post races at 4 1/2 furlongs Saturday and Sunday, June 1-2.
The Salzman family will attempt to pad its gaudy record when the first 2-year-old race of 2013 in Maryland is held at Laurel Park closing day, March 30.
- By Tom LaMarra
The American Graded Stakes Committee said Aug. 10 it will employ a pilot program that will ban race-day medications -- primarily the anti-bleeding drug Salix -- in graded 2-year-old stakes in 2012.
- By Tom LaMarra
An initial analysis of equine injury data released earlier this year shows no statistically significant difference in the risk of fatalities in Thoroughbreds on different racing surfaces, officials said June 28.
As the Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga approaches, the seven starts by 2-year-old Zev during the 1922 Saratoga meet are an indicator of just how much Thoroughbred racing has changed.
Churchill Downs will bow to youth Nov. 5 when it cards its first "Stars of Tomorrow" program--all the races in the condition book are for 2-year-olds, including two grade III stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar