Russian Rhythm , once the future book favorite for Sagitta 1,000 Guineas Stakes (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies, woke up for trainer Sir Michael Stoute Sunday to defeat Six Perfections by 1 1/2 length at Newmarket.
On Saturday, Aidan O'Brien-trained runners filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I). 16-1 longshot Imagine completed the Irish Guineas double for the conditioner at the Curragh Sunday, winning the Entenmann's One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) under jockey Seamus Heffernan. All told, O'Brien's runners took five of the top six finishing positions in the two races, with his Toroca coming home third in Sunday's race.
Michael Jarvis-trained Ameerat dueled for the lead with Muwakleh through the final furlong of the one-mile Sagitta One Thousand Guineas (GB-I) Sunday at Newmarket, earning a neck-length victory in the first British Classic of the year for fillies. Ameerrat's win earned Jarvis his first British classic wins and the third for jockey Philip Robinson.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015