Russian Rhythm , once the future book favorite for Sagitta 1,000 Guineas Stakes (Eng-I) for 3-year-old fillies, woke up for trainer Sir Michael Stoute Sunday to defeat Six Perfections by 1 1/2 length at Newmarket.
On Saturday, Aidan O'Brien-trained runners filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I). 16-1 longshot Imagine completed the Irish Guineas double for the conditioner at the Curragh Sunday, winning the Entenmann's One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) under jockey Seamus Heffernan. All told, O'Brien's runners took five of the top six finishing positions in the two races, with his Toroca coming home third in Sunday's race.
Michael Jarvis-trained Ameerat dueled for the lead with Muwakleh through the final furlong of the one-mile Sagitta One Thousand Guineas (GB-I) Sunday at Newmarket, earning a neck-length victory in the first British Classic of the year for fillies. Ameerrat's win earned Jarvis his first British classic wins and the third for jockey Philip Robinson.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014