After setting a torrid pace, Buffering appeared ready to go on to victory in the Aus$650,000 Carlton Mid Doomben 10,000 (Aus-I), but Epaulette unleashed an explosive burst of speed to charge past and win.
TwinSpires.com, Churchill Downs Inc.'s advanced deposit wagering network, has launched the "$1,000,000 Road to the Derby Showdown" handicapping contest for its customers during the Triple Crown season.
Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux reached a historic milestone at Saratoga Race Course July 27 when he guided Gumpster Stables' Bella Attrice to win the seventh race and notch his 5,000th career victory.
Apache Cat absolutely trounced his rivals in the May 24 Doomben 10,000 (Aus-I). He won by nearly five lengths, easing down over the last half furlong and creating Australian racing history by being the first horse in over 50 years to have won five group I races in succession.
There will be more North American stallions standing in 2005 for $100,000 or more than at any time since the heyday of the 1980s. Fourteen Kentucky stallions will stand next year for a stud fee of $100,000 or more.
Super Elegant collected his second grade I in a week in defeating a talented bunch of sprinters in the Doomben 10,000 (Aust-I) in Brisbane, Australia, on May 22.
Billy Pearson, a former jockey whose knowledge of art won him the top prize on the television game show "The $64,000 Question" in 1956, died Thanksgiving Day
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners