Facing increased casino competition from Pennsylvania and New York, Delaware's three racetracks delivered a full launch of online gambling in the state Nov. 8.
Penn Ridge Farms in Harrisburg, Pa. has added grade I winner Flashy Bull to its stallion roster for the 2014 season. The son of Holy Bull will stand for $4,500.
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic
Several companies have been sending out unauthorized renewal forms to The Blood-Horse magazine subscribers. Please do not respond to these fraudulent offers.
Rocket Reign, dismissed at 182-1, made his 16th time the charm, breaking his maiden in the last race at the Meadowlands Oct. 25 and paying a record $366.60 for a $2 win wager.
Donald D. Smith, a longtime Mid-Atlantic-based jockey and winner of more than 1,500 races, died Oct. 17 at the age of 69.
Maryland-based trainer Christopher Grove is targeting the "absolute insurer rule" in an appeal he has filed in the Circuit Court of Kanawha County in Charleston, W.Va.
Local Color, an 8-year-old mare by Capote, out of the Excusive Native mare Setting, brought a final bid of $45,000 to lead the Nov. 15 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever