WinStar Farm has announced the appointment of Brittany Belbeck to its Stallion Season Sales team and Ryan Bardin to its Assistant Yearling Managers team.
Enstone, ridden by Patrick Husbands, fended off favorite Mythical Mission to win the $225,000 Bison City Stakes July 9 at Woodbine.
The Fasig-Tipton July selected yearling sale offers buyers the first opportunity to see yearlings from first-crop sires and one of the top horses to watch at the July 11 sale is a colt sired by Cairo Prince.
After favored runs in two grade 1 races on her home soil in Southern California, Kaleem Shah's homebred American Gal broke through for her first graded win on the opposite coast July 9 with a determined victory in the Victory Ride Stakes (G3).
Jecara Farms' homebred Eskiminzin became the first winner for his sire Cold Harbor when he took a maiden special weight for juveniles at Woodbine July 9 by a neck
Four-time Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat remains in critical condition but is said to be improving since undergoing surgery at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute to repair an epiploic foramen entrapment July 6.
Spinaway Stakes (G1) third-place finisher Cherry Lodge upset Rubilinda in a $77,000 allowance race on Belmont Park's turf July 9 off a nine-month layoff
Kimberlea K, the first winner for her sire Indian Evening, is now two-for-two and her sire's first black-type stakes winner after outrunning a group of eight males in the July 8 Everett Nevin Stakes at Oak Tree at Pleasonton.
With more than 15 stakes winners among the offerings, the Fasig-Tipton horses of all ages sale will begin July 10 at 5 p.m. ET.
Thunder Snow led all the way to win the Prix Jean Prat (G1) for 3-year-old colts and fillies July 9 at Chantilly.
The catalog for the third annual Barretts August Select Yearling Sale is now on-line and will be mailed soon.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins