Former Derby runners Steppenwolfer and Sam P. have varied second careers.
Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Oaks, Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, La Troienne, Humana Distaff, American Turf, Eight Belles, Alysheba, Churchill Downs, Churchill Distaff Turf Mile, Sheepshead Bay, Twin Spires Turf Sprint, Edgewood, Pat Day Mile and more.
Experience Kentucky's Horse Country through Horse Country Inc., a not-for-profit organization comprised of 36 central Kentucky Thoroughbred-related operations, from stud farms to nurseries to veterinary clinics.
Veteran journalist Jim Dunleavy, Mid-Atlantic correspondent for the Daily Racing Form, has been named winner of the 2017 Old Hilltop Award, presented by the Maryland Jockey Club for covering thoroughbred racing with excellence and distinction.
Always Dreaming, winner of the May 6 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1), departed Churchill Downs at 6:40 a.m. May 9 for the short ride to Louisville International Airport and a flight that would take him to Baltimore.
- By Frank Angst
Oklahoma-based trainer Joe Offolter secured the 1,000th victory of his career May 8 at Will Rogers Downs when he saddled Heademoffatthepass to a 4 1/4-length victory in the third race.
FTBOA and Tampa Bay Downs announce two new Florida Sire Stakes. The $125,000 events for state-bred 3-year-olds, one for males and one for females, will be run at seven furlongs in December.
The catalog for Ocala Breeders' Sales' 2017 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds and Horses of Racing Age is now available via the OBS website at obssales.com.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training