Former Derby runners Steppenwolfer and Sam P. have varied second careers.
Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Oaks, Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, La Troienne, Humana Distaff, American Turf, Eight Belles, Alysheba, Churchill Downs, Churchill Distaff Turf Mile, Sheepshead Bay, Twin Spires Turf Sprint, Edgewood, Pat Day Mile and more.
Experience Kentucky's Horse Country through Horse Country Inc., a not-for-profit organization comprised of 36 central Kentucky Thoroughbred-related operations, from stud farms to nurseries to veterinary clinics.
Veteran journalist Jim Dunleavy, Mid-Atlantic correspondent for the Daily Racing Form, has been named winner of the 2017 Old Hilltop Award, presented by the Maryland Jockey Club for covering thoroughbred racing with excellence and distinction.
Always Dreaming, winner of the May 6 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1), departed Churchill Downs at 6:40 a.m. May 9 for the short ride to Louisville International Airport and a flight that would take him to Baltimore.
- By Frank Angst
Oklahoma-based trainer Joe Offolter secured the 1,000th victory of his career May 8 at Will Rogers Downs when he saddled Heademoffatthepass to a 4 1/4-length victory in the third race.
FTBOA and Tampa Bay Downs announce two new Florida Sire Stakes. The $125,000 events for state-bred 3-year-olds, one for males and one for females, will be run at seven furlongs in December.
The catalog for Ocala Breeders' Sales' 2017 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds and Horses of Racing Age is now available via the OBS website at obssales.com.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II