Grade 1 winner Pretty City Dancer will try to snap a four-race losing streak in a full field of 14 sophomore fillies May 19 in the $150,000 Adena Springs Miss Preakness Stakes (G3) at Pimlico Race Course.
Whitmore had the look of the best sprinter in the Midwest at Oaklawn Park this winter and spring and a victory in the Maryland Sprint Stakes (G3) May 20 would strengthen his case as arguably the best sprinter in the country.
A combination of California-breds and Kentucky-breds constitute much of what will likely be Barretts' final May 2-year-olds in training sale. The auction is scheduled for May 17 at Del Mar, beginning at 2 p.m. PDT.
Top international sire Montjeu got his 125th black-type stakes winner May 14 when Irish-bred Red Cardinal won a two-mile group stakes at Hoppegarten in Germany.
Royal Mo successfully underwent surgery to repair a fractured sesamoid in his right-front leg, trainer John Shirreffs said May 15.
Multiple grade 1 winner Shaman Ghost looks to add another graded stakes win to his resume May 19 when he takes on nine others in the $300,000 Pimlico Special (G3) at Pimlico Race Course.
Lookin At Lee, the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) runner-up, and stablemate Hence turned in their final works for the Preakness Stakes (G1) the morning of May 15 at Churchill Downs.
On May 20 Fireman will attend his first Triple Crown race, pulling into Pimlico Race Course as the owner of Senior Investment, a longshot entry in the 142nd Preakness Stakes (G1).
After some calm, controlled training through his first week or so at Pimlico Race Course, Always Dreaming was back to his energetic, hard-to-handle self May 15 in Baltimore.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training