J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Peter Pan Stakes (G2) at Belmont Park
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) announced today that Monmouth Park has earned reaccreditation from the NTRA Safety & Integrity Alliance.
In the April 1 Pan American (G2T) at Gulfstream Park, Sadler’s Joy edged out his rivals to earn first graded stakes win. Sadler’s Joy (Kitten’s Joy - Dynaire, by Dynaformer) is a homebred for Rene and Lauren Woolcott of Woodslane Farm.
The Derby runner-up's dam and granddam are at Pennland Farm
Salty's connections will point her next to the $700,000 Acorn Stakes (G1) June 10 at Belmont Park.
Ken McPeek said May 11 he is looking to send Daddys Lil Darling to the June 2 Investec Oaks (G1) at Epsom Downs.
Three years after the deaths of horses in Kentucky and Florida were linked to a Lexington compounding pharmacy, the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy strengthened its regulation of the industry in a move it hopes will protect animal—and human—lives.
Trainer Todd Pletcher gave a very positive review of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) winner Always Dreaming after the colt galloped once around Pimlico Race Course May 11, in preparation for the May 20 Preakness Stakes (G1).
After his impressive victory in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1), Always Dreaming is the biggest mover in the third edition of the Longines World's Best Racehorse Rankings, drawing a rating of 122.
In nearly four decades as a track announcer, Dave Rodman has enjoyed some of racing's finest moments—and a few of the craziest.
This week is a stakes report headlined, "Counterpoint's Track Record" on the 1951 Peter Pan Stakes won by Counterpoint. Following is a BloodHorse staff report from the June 16, 1951 issue.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training