Kentucky State Senator Damon Thayer discussed the state of the equine industry during the Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association's educational symposium April 17.
Hip 200, a bay colt by Wildcat Heir consigned by Blue River Bloodstock, agent, sped a quarter-mile in :20 2/5 to post the fastest work at the distance in the opening session of the under tack show for the OBS spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Many of the country's leading regulators will listen to panels and presentations on drug testing and enforcement, policing of the backstretch, and promotion of the sport when they gather this week in Charleston, S.C.
Professional sports are dominated by the young and horse racing is no different. But at age 52 jockey Ronnie Allen Jr. competes on a daily basis with riders often half his age.
The Kentucky Derby elevates the Commonwealth to a global stage. The Derby – as well as the Kentucky Oaks and the run-up to Thoroughbred racing’s biggest weekend – also gives Kentucky Proud foods a chance to shine.
Results released April 17 of National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) Top 3-Year-Old poll.
Calumet Farm's Sunland Derby (G3) winner Hence and Albaugh Family Stable's Gotham Stakes (G3) winner J Boys Echo worked April 17 at Churchill Downs in preparation for the May 6 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands.
Kentucky-based entities Kentucky Downs and EquiLottery have entered into an agreement that will allow the use of races from the Franklin, Ky., racetrack as the basis for EquiLottery, a new lottery game based on the results of live horse racing.
The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has named Jamie Haydon vice president and Holly White director of development, effective April 17.
Remembering the career of the great filly Ruffian.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts