Nick Alexander's homebred Enola Gray rocketed clear of competition three-sixteenths of a mile from home as she went on to win the $100,000 Irish O'Brien Stakes at Santa Anita Park March 18 by a comfortable four lengths under Tyler Baze.
Maybe—just maybe—Vale Dori has been doing just more than picking up the pieces in Southern California's distaff division in the absence of champions Songbird and Stellar Wind in recent months.
Malagacy gave his future Hall of Fame conditioner another legitimate sophomore to point toward the first Saturday in May when he captured the $900,000 Rebel Stakes (G2) by two lengths over Sonneteer at the Hot Springs oval March 18.
With 1-2 favorite Curlin's Approval not firing, Veb Racing Stable's Distinta closed fast to earn her first graded score near the wire in the $200,000 Inside Information Stakes (G2) March 18 at Gulfstream Park.
More than 13 months after his last victory, Michael Lund Petersen's Mor Spirit returned to the winner's circle with style March 18 in the $250,000 Essex Handicap at Oaklawn Park.
With an impressive late surge, Cobra Farm's Twisted Tom nabbed odds-on favorite O Dionysus at the wire in the $100,000 Private Terms Stakes at Laurel Park March 18.
Having hit the board in five prior graded stakes tries, Streamline finally got the job done at the next level in the Azeri Stakes (G2) at Oaklawn Park March 18.
Coffee Pot Stables' homebred Farrell turned in an impressive move in her preparations for the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (G2), drilling a bullet five furlongs in 1:00 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 18.
Peacock Racing Stables' multiple graded stakes winner Gunnevera recorded an easy five-furlong leg stretcher March 18 in his first work since capturing the Xpressbet.com Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) at Gulfstream Park March 4.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Northeast Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Each week BloodHorse.com looks forward to the weekend's biggest races. Consider this your weekly guide to the best stakes races in North America. This week we have a trio of big races at Oaklawn Park, a grade 1 at Santa Anita Park, and more.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training