Abbondanza Racing's Goodyearforroses continued her roll in Southern California and earned her first graded stakes win March 12 in the $200,000 Santa Ana (G2T) at Santa Anita Park.
Over the course of more than a dozen years, Cary Frommer and Barry Berkelhammer have built a pinhooking business that today is at the height of the marketplace, with two seven-figure transactions in each of the last two years.
Whitmore exited "crazy good" from his powerful six-length victory in his sprint stakes debut, the $125,000 Hot Springs Stakes for older horses March 11 at Oaklawn Park, co-owner/trainer Ron Moquett said Sunday morning.
Dennis Drazin's homebred Sunny Ridge scored a close victory after going wide into the stretch in the $125,000 Stymie Stakes March 12 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Purses for maiden special weight races will increase from $72,000 to $80,000 and allowance races will go to as much as $84,000 after starting the season for as much as $76,000.
As owners, agents, and trainers began their inspections in earnest for horses entered in the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s 2-year-olds in training sale, there was a positive vibe on the sale grounds the morning of March 12.
John Oxley's reigning juvenile champion Classic Empire made a crucial return to the workout tab March 12, turning a half-mile drill at Palm Meadows Training Center.
Juddmonte Farms' Arrogate worked seven furlongs in 1:25 March 12 at Santa Anita Park in his final move before shipping to Dubai March 13 for the $10 million Dubai World Cup Sponsored by Emirates Airline (G1).
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt