The 3-year-old Tapit filly owned by Don Alberto Stable and trained by Jerry Hollendorfer appeared as if she was just out for a breezy spin in her two-turn debut under jockey Mike Smith.
With rain due again Feb. 6, there were 247 recorded workouts at Santa Anita Park Feb. 5, and among them were many top-level horses preparing for their next stakes start.
Grade 3 winner Super Majesty is among the horses to keep an eye on during the Feb. 6 opening session of the two-day Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale in Lexington. Sessions begin at 10 a.m. ET daily.
Kid Silver, a mare who had a foal each year between 2007-14, is being offered for sale at the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale during the auction’s second and final session Feb. 7 in Lexington.
Glen Hill Farm's multiple graded stakes winner Pontchatrain and her Curlin foal died during foaling complications Feb. 4 in Ocala, Fla.
Gulfstream Park announced Feb. 5 it will lower the minimum wager on its Pick 3 to 50 cents beginning Feb. 8.
Trainer Graham Motion reported Feb. 5 that the undefeated Irish War Cry, who posted a mild upset as the 3 3/4-length winner of the Lambholm South Holy Bull (G2), will target Gulfstream Park's Triple Crown preps.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win