Miss Temple City will look to carry trainer Graham Motion's scorching streak on the Del Mar turf into the final day of the seaside racetrack's fall meet in the $300,000 Matriarch Stakes (gr. IT) Dec. 4.
The curtain came down on a record year of trading for Tattersalls in Newmarket Dec. 1 with the fourth and final installment of the December mares sale.
J. Keeler Johnson shares thoughts on four up-and-coming contenders for the 2017 Kentucky Derby.
Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Arrogate got back to business Dec. 1 at Santa Anita Park, turning in his first work since that Nov. 5 victory over California Chrome.
Melmich and Aldous Snow have class edge in 14-furlong heat over Woodbine's all-weather surface
14 Hands Winery Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up Valadorna will winter in New Orleans at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, according to conditioner Mark Casse.
Anchor Down, a multiple graded stakes-winning miler by Tapit who defeated eventual Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) victor Tamarkuz in the Kelso Handicap (gr. II), has been retired and will enter stud at Gainesway.
With the race's graded status restored, Term of Art is now a graded stakes winner and his dam becomes a graded stakes producer.
V. E. Day, winner of the 2014 Travers Stakes (gr. I), has been retired and will enter stud at Waldorf Farm near North Chatham, N. Y. He will stand for an introductory price of $6,500 in 2017.
Greg and Jo Griffin's Lime Country Thoroughbreds will expand and take over the operation Feb. 15 of prominent owner and breeder Dato Tan Chin Nam's Think Big Stud.
A look back at A Gleam winning 1952 Westerner Stakes as well as pedigree information on the daughter of *Blenheim II.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out