It was 25 years ago this spring. There hadn't been a sweep of the Triple Crown in what then seemed to be an interminable 11 years. read blog
Shannon Castagnola has joined John Sykes' Woodford Thoroughbreds as director of client development for the Kentucky and Florida operation.
Stakes winner Northern Indy was represented by his first foal when a filly was born March 2. Bred by Keith Marks, the newborn filly is the third offspring out of the winning Crowning Storm mare Storming Slew.
Steve Haskin shuffles his Kentucky Derby Dozen on the bottom end this week, but read what he says about those left unmoved. read blog
Lentenor, a stakes-winning full brother to Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro, sired his first foal when a colt was born Feb. 20 at Calumet Farms near Lexington.
If you listened closely enough at Gulfstream Park after the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. III) March 1, you could almost hear the cheers from California, and perhaps beyond, as Gala Award entered the winner's circle.
A colt from Equiano's first Australian crop sold for $420,000 ($375,113 in United States funds), the highest price ever for a first-season sire in Victoria, on day two of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 3.
Listen to Steve Haskin state the case for the rivalry of Samraat and Uncle Sigh.
Joe Mulholland Jr. is a throwback to the days of homegrown Kentucky horsemen. He works tirelessly on the family farm with his siblings and father to produce top-quality Thoroughbreds.
Bond Holder, a leading early contender for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will not make an expected start in the March 8 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) and his next race is undetermined.
Penn National Gaming announced that HRTV will provide television coverage for the remaining five events in the 2014 Penn Gaming Racing Challenge as well as the West Virginia Breeders' Classics.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out