Celebrating the winners of the 2013 Eclipse Awards. view slideshow
Celebrating the winners of the 2013 Eclipse Awards
Evan Hammonds recaps the Lecomte Stakes, Strub Stakes and Sunshine Millions Classic. watch video
Spellbound made trainer Richard Mandella's quick cross-country trip worthwhile when she came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) by a neck at 16-1 odds Jan. 19 at Santa Anita Park.
Pacesetter Storming Inti was all heart in denying tenacious favorite We Miss Artie by a head in a white-knuckled finish to the $100,000 Kitten's Joy Stakes Jan. 19 at Gulfstream Park.
Evan Hammonds recaps the LeComte Stakes, Strub Stakes and Sunshine Millions Classic.
Black Fighter became the first Azerbaijani-bred winner in the U.S. when the 3-year-old colt captured a maiden claiming test as the favorite Jan. 19 at Turfway Park.
Vicar's in Trouble, a romping 6 3/4-length winner of the Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 18, is to remain in at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots for his next start.
Dania Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) winner Mr Speaker breezed a half-mile at Payson Park the morning of Jan. 19 in preparation for a scheduled start in the upcoming $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
As if horses weren't prone to enough injuries and health issues, a new dental disease surfaced in 2004. It's literally a mouthful: equine odontoclastic tooth resorption and hypercementosis (EOTRH). And because it's so recently identified, Ann Pearson, MS, DVM, and her colleagues at Reata Equine Veterinary Group, in Tucson, Ariz., conducted a s...
Wise Dan, the 2013 Horse of the Year, became the first horse to win three championships in consecutive years.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan