Opening day of the Doncaster premier yearling sale Aug. 27 was headlined by a colt from the first crop of Fast Company that sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($326,451 in United States funds).
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Breeding, International, Kentucky, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Aug.26 that Donna Barton Brothers will host the 28th Annual National Awards Dinner Sept. 6 at Fasig-Tipton in Lexington, Kentucky.
Suffolk Downs reported progress Aug. 27 in its quest for a casino license.
The overnight Nielsen rating for NBC Sports Group's "Summer at Saratoga" Aug. 24 broadcast highlighted by the Travers Stakes (gr. I) was 0.17, up 1% over last year's rating, according to the television ratings company.
So far, the blueprint for Mucho Macho Man's career has been way too simple in that you have a pretty good idea where he's going to be at the finish based on where he is at the eighth pole.
The head speed figure maker for TimeformUS believes Game On Dude completed the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) about 1 1/2 seconds faster than what he is being given credit for on the official chart.
Highlights from this week's races, including the Travers, Pacific Classic and more. view slideshow
Alfred Vanderbilt in his day was probably the most respected man in the racing industry of North America. read blog
A growing number of Breeders' Cup-worthy horses have made stops at Charles Town. read blog
Above all, buyers want choices. read blog
Saratoga, Travers, Del Mar, Pacific Classic; Game on Dude, Monmouth, Calder, Woodbine
After a powerful victory in the Aug. 25 Personal Ensign (gr. I) at Saratoga, Royal Delta will prepare for $400,000 Beldame Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 28 at Belmont Park.
The amount of racing at Saratoga Race Course, the quality of the technology available at the track, and the future of the facilities at all New York Racing Association tracks were the focus of an Aug. 26 forum.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus