Gulfstream Park began its first summer meet July 1. Most of the horses shipped from Calder for the card will not be welcome back.
Delegation set the pace and never let up, taking the 61st running of the $150,000 Dominion Day Stakes (gr. III) in record time at Woodbine on the July 1 Canada Day card.
Mecke, a multiple grade I-winning stallion, died June 26, at Robin Berryhill's Hidden Springs Farm near Palmyra, Ind. He was 21.
One year after finishing a close second to fellow New York-bred Gitchee Goomie in the Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. III), Hessonite is back at Parx for this year's edition of the 1 1/16-mile turf race.
Game On Dude zipped four furlongs in :47 4/5 over the artificial surface at Betfair Hollywood Park the morning of July 1 as the gelding worked toward a defense of his title in the July 6 Hollywood Gold Cup.
Donald Potash, horseman, manager of New York-based Tri County Stables, and longtime consultant for Milestone Farm near Lexington, died at his home in Bayside, N.Y., June 23. He was 70.
The Breeders' Cup and Jockey Club announced July 1 the Breeders' Cup will sponsor the America's Best Racing ABRV traveling experience vehicle in its cross country journey.
The Arqana sales company in France is establishing a new auction this year with the aim of offering yearlings that are more precocious and likely to compete as 2-year-olds.
Sure, many horse owners add feed supplements to their horses' diets to help maintain joints, hooves, and hair coats. But what about to stifle headshaking? Researchers at the University of Liverpool in England recently tested the efficacy of a feed supplement designed to alleviate this behavior in a trial involving 32 horses previously diagnosed with c...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training