Gulfstream Park had all-sources handle of $1,986,428 for eight races June 25 as it held the first summer racing day in its 75-year history.
When the legendary English jockey Lester Piggott walked into a paddock, or anywhere, you knew 'somebody' had arrived. read blog
The Illinois Racing Board June 25 formally allocated $23 million in casino money to the state's racing interests amid hopes it will bridge a financial gap until a broader gaming expansion bill is approved.
Tapping Christopher Kay looks like a wise move. read blog
Offspring of Coolmore's Fastnet Rock and Darley's Exceed And Excel headlined the two-day Inglis Australian weanling and broodmare sale, which concluded June 25 in Sydney with a robust clearance rate of 89%.
Tony Soprano, Monmouth, Churchill, Ascot, Woodbine; Colonial Downs, Belmont & More view slideshow
Tony Soprano, Monmouth, Churchill, Ascot, Woodbine; Colonial Downs, Belmont & More
by John P. Sparkman
Curlin has not made the fastest start at stud with his first crop of 3-year-olds, but the victory of Palace Malice in the 145th Belmont Stakes June 8 gave him a first-crop classic winner.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager