The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced June 24 that it has hired Jim Mulvihill as director of media and industry relations.
Jockey Rosie Napravnik is the honorary host for the Old Friends at Cabin Creek fourth annual kickoff cocktail party to be held July 20 from 7-11 p.m. at the Saratoga Polo & Golf Club in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 152 selected yearlings for its 93rd Saratoga sale, to be held in upstate New York Monday and Tuesday evenings, Aug. 5 and 6.
High quality racing, customer service, and history were the subjects of a New York Racing Association media event June 24 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., at which the organization's executives detailed plans for this year's meet.
Hall of Fame jockeys Pat Day and Chris McCarron are among those scheduled to participate in the inaugural "Battle in the Saddle Celebrity Team Penning Event" at the Kentucky Horse Park's Covered Arena.
Blood-Horse Publications received a number of awards at the 2013 American Horse Publications Annual Awards Program June 22 at the organization's annual seminar in Colorado Springs.
The Kentucky racetrack, which will offer live racing five days in September, released a condition book that shows more stakes and hefty overnight purses, including $90,000 for 2-year-old maiden special weight events.
No two lungs are exactly alike—especially when it comes to equine airway disease. According to French researchers, when investigating lung conditions using bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), ensure you’re checking both lungs in the process.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile