Ocala Breeders' Sales Company officials could not have scripted a better start to the OBS spring sale of 2-year-olds in training in Ocala, Fla., on Monday, April 22. Bidding proved fast and furious, fueling large gains.
George Strawbridge Jr's Augustin Stables has privately acquired New Zealand standout filly Habibi, who defeated males in this year's TV3 New Zealand Derby (NZ-I).
After a pair of runner-up finishes last season, Wertheimer and Frere homebred Anodin, a full brother to three-time Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Goldikova, secured a clear victory in his 3-year-old debut.
- By Tracy Gantz
A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Steve Haskin reshuffles his deck of 12 and reminds us how to handicap the old fashioned way this week on Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen. read blog
Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni has admitted to administering anabolic steroids to 11 horses at the Moulton Paddocks Stables who tested positive for the prohibited substances.
Freshman sire Kodiak Kowboy was represented by his first starter and winner when 2-year-old filly Bear Facts won a Trial race at Turf Paradise April 19.
In search of his fifth Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victory, trainer D. Wayne Lukas sent out Oxbow for a five-furlong breeze Monday, April 22, at Churchill Downs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Potemkin Heads Wide-Open Test at Munich
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- A Day in the Life: Broodmare of the Year Leslie's Lady
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner