Ocala Breeders' Sales Company officials could not have scripted a better start to the OBS spring sale of 2-year-olds in training in Ocala, Fla., on Monday, April 22. Bidding proved fast and furious, fueling large gains.
George Strawbridge Jr's Augustin Stables has privately acquired New Zealand standout filly Habibi, who defeated males in this year's TV3 New Zealand Derby (NZ-I).
After a pair of runner-up finishes last season, Wertheimer and Frere homebred Anodin, a full brother to three-time Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Goldikova, secured a clear victory in his 3-year-old debut.
- By Tracy Gantz
A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Steve Haskin reshuffles his deck of 12 and reminds us how to handicap the old fashioned way this week on Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen. read blog
Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni has admitted to administering anabolic steroids to 11 horses at the Moulton Paddocks Stables who tested positive for the prohibited substances.
Freshman sire Kodiak Kowboy was represented by his first starter and winner when 2-year-old filly Bear Facts won a Trial race at Turf Paradise April 19.
In search of his fifth Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victory, trainer D. Wayne Lukas sent out Oxbow for a five-furlong breeze Monday, April 22, at Churchill Downs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion