A slideshow to celebrate Japan's champion Orfevre and his retirement. view slideshow
A slideshow to celebrate Japan's champion Orfevre and his retirement.
Calder Casino & Race Course said Dec. 23 the grade III La Prevoyante Handicap on the grass, scheduled for Dec. 28, has been canceled.
Mohegan Sun and Revere, Mass., said Dec. 23 they have reached a host community agreement that would guarantee the city between $25 million and $30 million in revenue per year from a proposed casino at Suffolk Downs.
WinStar Farm said Dec. 23 it has promoted David Hanley to general manager at the Versailles, Ky., operation.
Changes include doubling the amount of testing done in-training and become effective Jan. 1.
Parx Racing said live racing was canceled for Dec. 23-24, making the ninth and 10th lost programs in December.
Castleton Lyons has announced that entries are now being accepted for the eighth annual Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award, a competition recognizing excellence in writing in the Thoroughbred industry.
A booklet put together by several individuals at the forefront of equine medication reform has been prepared for Maryland, which will enact the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication and Drug-Testing Program Jan. 1, 2014.
MGM Resorts International has won a three-way race for a license to build a resort casino in Prince George's County, Md., just south of Washington, D.C. And the future of a racetrack remains up in the air.
Ohio breeding programs grew in 2013 and are expected to continue that trend in 2014, according to Ohio State Racing Commission statistics.
Indiana Downs has been approved for 120 racing programs that will consist of 114 Thoroughbred dates and six Quarter Horse dates for 2014.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start