Becky Winemiller's Wine Princess again proved her affinity for Churchill Downs with a strong victory in the $150,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Majestic Stride, who closed well to finish fourth in this year's Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint, made easy work of four foes to capture the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Betfair Hollywood Park Nov. 28
New York-bred Palace, claimed by his connections for $20,000 a little more than a year ago, rallied to win his first open stakes, the $300,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III), at Aqueduct Nov. 28.
Top female sprinter Groupie Doll nearly won the Cigar Mile (gr. I) a year ago. Now she's back with a new slate of rivals to contend with, including grade I winners Goldencents and Verrazano.
St Nicholas Abbey has reached a "critical" point in his recovery from laminitis, Coolmore Stud reported Nov. 28.
Collapsed heels are a common problem in horses, particularly Thoroughbred racehorses, and can cause decreased performance and lameness. Because little is known about the mechanism behind this condition, a group of researchers from The Royal Veterinary College, in London, U.K., recently examined the relationship between collapsed heels and hoof deformation...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight