Worldly, recent third in the Breeders' Cup Marathon, and broodmare Bella Felicita each brought $200,000 at the seventh session of the Keeneland November sale that continued the bullish market.
Juddmonte Farm announced Nov.11 that Mizzen Mast will stand for $20,000 in 2014 and First Defence will have a stud fee of $15,000.
Magomet Kappushev, who once trained and rode horses for Russian President Vladimir Putin, finished second in the first race at Gulfstream Park Nov. 11 in his U.S. debut.
It is November and that means T-Time -- Thanksgiving, Turkey...Twin Spires? read blog
The American Horse Council is asking its member organizations, their members, and the entire horse community to help in the drafting of the 2015 National Animal Health Monitoring System Equine Study.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has reported that the effort to adopt uniform national reforms addressing changes to medication regulation, enforcement, and laboratory testing continues to gain support.
Dogwood Stable's classic winner Palace Malice is in Aiken, S.C., to be prepared for a 2014 campaign that will likely start in the $400,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Frankel will stand the 2014 breeding season at Khalid Abdullah's Banstead Manor Stud near Newmarket, England, for the same £125,000 (U.S.$200,085) fee charged in his inaugural year at stud.
Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms announced the retirement of its senior stallion Zamindar, who will be 20 years old in 2014.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride