Keeneland's November breeding stock sale saw two $185,000 session-toppers during sixth session Nov. 10, which continued a trend of double-digit gains.
Less than a week after Jim Rome's Jungle Racing parted with two-time Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) winner Mizdirection, the radio and television personality resurfaced with another talented runner in Shared Belief.
Eblouissante, half sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta, has returned to Betfair Hollywood Park after being purchased for $2.1 million Nov. 5 at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Gusty winds of up to 40 miles per hour in the Toronto area forced Woodbine to cancel its live Thoroughbred racing card following the first race Nov. 10.
A memorial service for Kjell H. Qvale, a former majority owner and president of Golden Gate Fields and a longtime owner and breeder of racehorses in California, will be held Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. PST in San Francisco.
Dual classic winner Meisho Mambo handled her first test against older fillies and mares handily and scored her third group I win of the year in the Queen Elizabeth II Cup Nov. 10 in the rain at Kyoto.
Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., has announced its 2014 stud fees, led by Giant's Causeway (Storm Cat--Maria's Storm, by Rahy), who will stand for $85,000, the same fee as last year.
The risk factors associated with laminitis are many—from grass access to obesity to stall confinement. But which ones are most important for owners to watch for? James Orsini, DVM, Dipl. ACVS, and colleagues from the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) New Bolton Center got one step closer to answering this question with their retrospective study of ...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Arapahoe Park Lifts EIA Quarantine