Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen is now firming into a nice batch of accomplished 3-year-olds. See who has made the list.
Gulfstream Park held a Quarter Horse race April 8, following the last race of its 2011-2012 Thoroughbred meet.
On the day after I'll Have Another squeaked out a dramatic Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) victory, trainer Doug O'Neill said he's unsure of when he'll ship the colt to Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Undefeated Gemologist and Alpha, separated by a neck in the Resorts World Casino New York City Wood Memorial (gr. I), are headed for a rematch in Kentucky next month.
Calder Casino & Race Course will begin its 2012 season April 9, and one of its first tasks will be making fans around the country aware that it is opening two weeks earlier than in previous years.
Read what 2-year-olds horsemen think could bring a lot of money at the Keeneland sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington.
Here is what some horsemen had to say about the juvenile market in general and the Keeneland juvenile auction in particular.
Gentildonna captured the $2.3 million Oka Sho (Jpn-I), Japan's version of the One Thousand Guineas, when she came from off the pace to score by a half-length at Hanshin Racecourse April 8.
Images from opening weekend at Keeneland, April 2012. View Slideshow
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- JRHA Releases Select Sale Catalog
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000