Retired trainer Mel Stute, 85, still recuperating in Pomona, Calif., from a spill in which he suffered a head injury, hopes to celebrate Christmas with a post-holiday visit at a satellite facility for Santa Anita's opener.
Laminitis, also referred to as "founder," is an often devastating disease of the hoof that can cripple or kill afflicted horses. It's such an important equine disease that each year veterinarians, farriers, and horse owners from throughout the United States gather at the International Equine Conference of Laminitis and the Equine Foot.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight