California breeder/owner Larry Mabee died Sunday, Dec. 16, of prostate cancer at his home in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
Legislation to bring off-track betting back to New York City was vetoed Dec. 17 by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Jeff Sotman, a longtime Thoroughbred industry executive and entrepreneur, died on Nov. 28 at age 50.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Dec. 17 that proponents of an online gambling bill are out of time as the legislative session draws to a close.
Martin Burdett-Coutts, who operated Can-Am Bloodstock, died Dec. 15 in Florida at age 86.
David Switzer, executive director of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association, is among five graduates of the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture who were inducted into the inaugural Hall of Distinguished Alumni.
Because of a storm that brought heavy rain and left the track unsuitable for racing, Turf Paradise canceled racing a third straight day Monday, Dec. 17.
Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky., will host a new handicapping contest with an estimated purse of $300,000 over the Labor Day weekend in 2013.
Ibn Bey, a four-time European champion who ran second in the 1990 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died in Japan on Dec. 10.
Lane's End will host an open house for breeders daily from Saturday, Jan. 5, through Wednesday, Jan. 9, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- Zayat Calls Gambling Debt Lawsuit Extortion
- Zayat Sells Stud Rights to American Pharoah
- Ashleyluvssugar Takes Aim at Whittingham
- CHRB Discusses Los Al at Monthly Meeting
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Owner: Alto Racing, LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano