Apprentice rider Sarah Rook will miss six to eight weeks after breaking her left collarbone at Laurel Park Jan. 5.
Genting New York is considering an initial expansion into a 70,000-square-foot area at Aqueduct Racetrack if the state legalizes additional forms of gambling, including table games.
Here is a list of some of the auction's most attractive prospects Jan. 9-10 based on their bloodlines.
Australian Craig Williams prevailed over Ireland's Colm O'Donoghue to capture the third annual Meydan Masters International Jockeys Championship Jan. 6.
A misdemeanor charge of indecently assaulting a 23-year-old woman at Parx Racing in Bensalem Township, Pa., has been dropped against trainer Juan Carlos Guerrero.
A bill authorizing small offtrack betting operations in bars and restaurants, and another measure giving Atlantic City Race Course a larger chunk of revenue from casino race books, passed New Jersey legislative committees.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association is holding its annual stallion season auction Jan. 10 from 6 to 8 p.m. Phone bids will be taken on seasons being offered for 44 quality stallions.
Dr. Kendall Hansen, majority owner of 2011 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Hansen, will present a check for $12,000 to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program Jan. 7 at Turfway Park.
Dual grade I winner Champagne d'Oro has been retired from racing and is scheduled to ship to Darley Stud Jan. 11 to be bred to Bernardini.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again