Bauble Queen helped jockey Garrett Gomez celebrate his 40th birthday in style with the best effort of her career to win the $150,000 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf Jan. 1.
Stretched out to two turns for the first time, Reveron responded with a half-length victory in the inaugural $100,000 Gulfstream Park Derby Jan. 1 for his third consecutive win.
The New Year's Day Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park points to a promising 3-year-old campaign for Sacristy, who won the $100,000 main track test in smart style.
For the second year in a row, Ramon Dominguez topped the 2011 national jockey standings with more than $20 million in earnings. Todd Pletcher once again led all trainers in the United States.
Reigning Eclipse champions Ramon Dominquez and Todd Pletcher once again dominated The New York Racing Association circuit in 2011.
With another holiday season in the bag, wrapped up with the turkey giblets and excessive toy packaging, we can now turn and face the impending New Year. After the ball drops approximately 50% of us will yet again vow to make some important changes in our lives, but will we actually follow through?
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby