The top Republican lawmaker in the Massachusetts Senate is hoping revenue from expanded gambling will be used to lower taxes.
Smart Sting became the first stakes winner produced by the champion turf mare Perfect Sting when she pulled away from the field to win the $248,448 Selene Stakes (Can-III) by 3 1/2 lengths in an upset at Woodbine Sept. 25.
With owner Mike Repole and trainer Todd Pletcher watching, 2010 juvenile champion Uncle Mo blazed four furlongs in a bullet :46.57 over Belmont Park's training track for his next start in the one-mile Kelso Handicap (gr. II).
Trainer Larry Rivelli, who had a two-win advantage over conditioner Scott Becker entering the closing day of the 2011 Arlington Park season Sept. 25, officially earned his first trainer championship at the Chicago-area track.
Royal Currier, sent off at odds of nearly 19-1, clocked a track record for six furlongs at Philadelphia's Parx Racing Sept. 24 while winning the $250,000 Gallant Bob Stakes by 3 3/4 lengths.
Chewin' the Fat is a new international show based in Australia about horse racing.
Chewin' the Fat is a new international show based in Australia covering horse racing.
Campanologist returned to the winner's circle for the first time in over a year when he cruised to an easy victory in the Preis von Europa (Ger-I) at Cologne Sept. 25.
Stakes-placed City Weekend was represented by his first winner when his daughter Boogiewoogieblues won at Hoosier Park Sept. 21.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine