Steve remembers the fillies of '69. read blog
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs Farm is buying yearlings to replenish bloodstock holdings that have been diminished due to a selloff by the farm, acquiring yearlings priced between $8,000 and $1.34 million at Keeneland.
Nine three-year-olds battle at Parx Racing in the 1 1/8 mile Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II). Who will win it? How will the others finish? Predict the Order
Five-time grade I winner Better Talk Now is in critical condition after developing a gastrointestinal problem.
Lyric of Light reeled in a gallant Samitar in the final strides to capture the $234,000 Shadwell Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) by a short head at Newmarket Sept. 23.
Tizway, the expected favorite for the next weekend's $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), will miss the race, according to trainer Jimmy Bond.
The lack of quick veterinary attention for a filly that suffered a catastrophic breakdown during training at Penn National Sept. 18 could lead to required veterinary care during training hours at racetracks.
The group that oversees black-type status for sales catalogs in the U.S. and Canada has announced that "Listed" races will be reviewed on an annual basis to determine if any should be downgraded, based on quality.
Multiple graded stakes winner Banned is expected to undergo an attempt at life-saving surgery Sept. 24 to repair a pair of broken sesamoids in his right ankle, injuries suffered after a routine half-mile work at Santa Anita.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup