Steve remembers the fillies of '69. read blog
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs Farm is buying yearlings to replenish bloodstock holdings that have been diminished due to a selloff by the farm, acquiring yearlings priced between $8,000 and $1.34 million at Keeneland.
Nine three-year-olds battle at Parx Racing in the 1 1/8 mile Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II). Who will win it? How will the others finish? Predict the Order
Five-time grade I winner Better Talk Now is in critical condition after developing a gastrointestinal problem.
Lyric of Light reeled in a gallant Samitar in the final strides to capture the $234,000 Shadwell Fillies' Mile (Eng-I) by a short head at Newmarket Sept. 23.
Tizway, the expected favorite for the next weekend's $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), will miss the race, according to trainer Jimmy Bond.
The lack of quick veterinary attention for a filly that suffered a catastrophic breakdown during training at Penn National Sept. 18 could lead to required veterinary care during training hours at racetracks.
The group that oversees black-type status for sales catalogs in the U.S. and Canada has announced that "Listed" races will be reviewed on an annual basis to determine if any should be downgraded, based on quality.
Multiple graded stakes winner Banned is expected to undergo an attempt at life-saving surgery Sept. 24 to repair a pair of broken sesamoids in his right ankle, injuries suffered after a routine half-mile work at Santa Anita.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death