Twirling Candy, a stylish winner of the $150,000 Californian (gr. II) June 4, was assigned top weight of 122 pounds for the upcoming $500,000 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I).
Bear It's Time, under urging from Luis Contreras on the final turn, was all out to get up by a head in the $260,800 Bison City Stakes, the second jewel of Canada's Triple Tiara for 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Devil by Design, making her season debut for trainer Bill Mott, overcame early trouble to take control in the final furlong, winning the $100,000 Chicago Handicap (gr. III) July 3 at Arlington Park.
Tamarind Hall, a 15-1 shot, leads three longshots across the wire first July 2 in Belmont's Bed o'Roses Handicap (gr. III). Hilda's Passion, the 3-10 favorite, finishes sixth.
Flashpoint humbled three opponents en route to a seven-length romp in the $143,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) on a muddy track at Monmouth Park July 3.
Millionreasonswhy, invading from Colonial Downs, wore down pacesetting Say a Novena in the stretch and edged away late to register a handy win in the $150,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 3.
Maiden Jack's in the Deck split horses in the stretch and burst home to capture the $150,000 Futurity Stakes (gr. II) by four lengths in an upset at cloudy Belmont Park July 3.
Mutual Trust kept his perfect record intact when he edged out Zoffany and Strong Suit to take the $316,614 Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly July 3.
Waldpark took command with more than a furlong to run and drew off for an impressive two-length victory in the $415,578 Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) at Hamburg July 3.
It might be difficult to imagine that a few tiny organisms can proliferate and cause an infection so serious it could result in the death or euthanasia of the host horse. For instance, one of the most dangerous organisms that can sicken horses is the bacterium Clostridium difficile. Scott Weese, DVM, DVSc, Dipl. ACVIM, associate professor at the Universit...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Alert Bay Seeks Repeat Victory in San Francisco Mile