With the values for stallions falling, yearling buyers won't be rewarded nearly as much as they were in the past when a purchase develops into a major runner. Read Blog
An Association of Racing Commissioners International committee will meet July 26 to hear opinions and testimony on use of race-day medication in racehorses.
Grade I winner Paddy O'Prado, who will enter stud in 2012 at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington, will be honored at Prairie Meadows Aug. 5.
Read what some participants in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale had to say about the market.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: D. Wayne Lukas
Owner: Horton, Willis D. and Three Chimneys Farm, LLC
Jockey: Luis Saez
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Owner: WinStar Farm LLC and Twin Creeks Racing Stables, LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Watson, Karl, Pegram, Michael E. and Weitman, Paul
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Michael J. Maker
Owner: Ramsey, Kenneth L. and Sarah K.
Jockey: Rosie Napravnik
Trainer: Richard A. Violette, Jr.
Owner: My Meadowview Farm
Jockey: Jose L. Ortiz
Trainer: Kenneth G. McPeek
Owner: Magic City Thoroughbred Partners
Jockey: Alan Garcia