A day after citing concerns about a lack of fiscal transparency, a New York state panel has called for an investigation of the New York Racing Association.
A Bernstein colt sold for $300,000 to top the first session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age.
Hail the Conquering Hero: Haskin's Smarty Jones tribute continues with installment #3. Read Blog
With six stakes worth more than $1 million, Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino will hold its biggest racing weekend of the year June 24-25, highlighted by the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. III).
What is the breeding industry's responsibility in identifying stallions with EIPH? Read Blog
One of just eight North American-based trainers with 3,000 wins and a winning percentage of at least 20%... Read Blog
With nearly six months in the books we have not solved a whole heck of a lot so far. Fortunately, we have the older females help generate excitement. Read Blog
Anyone who's watched scruffy, awkward weanlings playing in a pasture may wonder how they ever turn out to be the pristine, polished yearlings seen heading to sales rings across the country.
Miss the live show? Listen or download the full hour and a half. Listen Now
A Senate committee in New Jersey moved legislation June 20 that would allow the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to jointly operate Monmouth Park and Meadowlands pending licensing of lessees.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother