View races and people of Royal Ascot in England from the week of June 18, 2011. View Slideshow
Brazilian-bred Mr. Nedawi became the first horse to qualify for the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) this year following his two-length victory in the 1 9/16-mile Clasico Belgrano (Arg-I).
Haskin's Smarty Jones Tribute: The second installment recaps Smarty's Preakness victory. Read Blog
Under Caution sired his first winner when his son A. P. Caution won at Stockton June 17.
Officials at River Downs have announced the track will change its wagering format to offer 50- cent minimum trifectas and Pick 3s as part of their daily wagering schedule.
Veteran steeplechase trainer Dorothy "Dot" Smithwick died at her Middleburg, Va., farm on June 16. She as 82.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star