View races and people of Royal Ascot in England from the week of June 18, 2011. View Slideshow
Brazilian-bred Mr. Nedawi became the first horse to qualify for the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) this year following his two-length victory in the 1 9/16-mile Clasico Belgrano (Arg-I).
Haskin's Smarty Jones Tribute: The second installment recaps Smarty's Preakness victory. Read Blog
Under Caution sired his first winner when his son A. P. Caution won at Stockton June 17.
Officials at River Downs have announced the track will change its wagering format to offer 50- cent minimum trifectas and Pick 3s as part of their daily wagering schedule.
Veteran steeplechase trainer Dorothy "Dot" Smithwick died at her Middleburg, Va., farm on June 16. She as 82.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night